The Body Shop Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion

TBS has been one of my favorite brands but I'd never really tried their skin care range; it was only perfumes. Recently I was at a loss about my acne prone skin, tried various unknowns for it and still suffered from an occasional messy breakout. What I was looking for was to keep the redness in check and to deal with the post pimple marks that took forever to fade. 
And what would pick my fancy other than TBS Tea Tree's "Blemish Fade" Night Lotion? The name itself stood out to me while I fished for more perfumes. I knew immediately this is what I wanted to try now. 

I am not a day person; I pay strict attention to skin care only at night so I picked the night lotion. The sales lady did ask me if I would like their best seller tea tree oil but I refused. I wanted to test this out for itself. 

It smells very medicinal, like too much tea tree oil is poured in this tiny vial and although I don't approve of such "clinic-type" fragrances I still bear it for what it does to my skin. It applies evenly and feels light on the skin, no greasy feeling.

This lotion claims to improve the appearance of blemish-damaged skin. I have faint post-pimple marks on my cheeks and the odd one out over on my forehead. They never appeared too visible but I still don't like having them (who does anyway?!). I applied this generously over my face every night and at first I noticed tiny breakouts all over my face and I wondered if I was having an allergic reaction to it. But I continued to apply it for almost a week and soon after my skin cleared. The spots that took ages to fade on its own began to diminish faster and within a week of usage I noticed clearer skin. My skin felt more smooth and even, not rough and patchy like before. 
It's been a month now since I am using it every night and every morning I wake up to visibly improved skin texture and I love how soft my skin feels. I am tempted to try more products from this range now. 

I don't have severe acne, its very mild but I am very prone to getting a breakout - especially when I apply heavy makeup (which I don't usually but when I do, assuredly I tend to get a messy breakout the day after). And to combat them, it is really important to keep my skin under control. I might not say this lotion is the best thing ever but it has certainly worked for me and I am glad I picked this up.

***
Price: KWD 3.250 (30 ml)
Recommendation: Yes! Good for normal/oily skin suffering mild to moderate acne. Reduces acne marks.
Rating: 4/5

Labels: , , , , ,