Colorbar Instant Cover Up Stick - Caramel Treat

To be honest, Colorbar's Instant Cover Up Stick is my very first pencil/jumbo pencil concealer. I have always used liquid ones before. Thus, I wasn't sure what to expect from this one. This one was actually screaming at me from the counter that I should go ahead and buy it, LOL. And so I did. It has surprised me and in a good way!

This concealer is basically in the form of a jumbo pencil with the color shade depicted at the bottom. There are a total of three variants. I was originally going for the lightest shade but it was unavailable so I picked up 002 Caramel Treat. What names cosmetic companies come up with, I tell you! LOL. No wonder I get sucked in at the counters whenever I go shopping. Who can resist yummy sounding names even if the products aren't edible?!

Caramel Treat is a true beige color with yellow undertones. It is creamy and moisturizing when you apply which really made me happy. It is such a pain when we have to tug on and on  because the pencils are too dry; be it eye liner pencil or lip liner (or in this case, concealer liner!). This one blends so easily!
Coverage is medium and if you keep piling on the concealer, it tends to darken up. That is sort of uhh. But its fairly good with dark circles of eyes and also minor patches and spots on the face. I have light acne scars on my cheeks and it covers them pretty well. For those very dark spots, a stronger concealer (and foundation) is necessary.

There is no worry of the concealer wiping off or melting. Set it with powder and you are good to go for the entire day (I have Combination skin, I cannot say if it will fare that well with oily skin!).

There are only three variants in the range, so not everyone can find a match, that's a major con. Besides that, this is a fairly good concealer.

***
Price: INR 425
Recommended: I would definitely buy it but in the lightest shade now. If you don't find a match to your skin tone, you might have to pass this. But if any of the three colors match/fairly match your tone, two thumbs up. Do give a try.
Rating: 4/5

Labels: , ,