Monday, November 18, 2013

BEAUTY | Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream - Light

Having a fresh, non-cakey look is something I always, always want. And I was so fed up recently of all the foundation choices that I came across. This time I wanted to go for a bit more natural, lighter and fresh-faced look. I ended up on BB creams and the vast variety it offered. Being a loyal Maybelline fan, I decided on Dream Fresh in the shade "Light".

This BB cream is from the famous "Dream" range by Maybelline and claims to be an 8-in-1 cream offering SPF 30. So far so good, right? Who wouldn't love a little sun protection and SPF 30 is decent enough although I would love it if it was higher. 

Claims: 8 in 1 benefits. Sun protection, natural glow, hydration, oil-free & non-greasy texture, visible smooth skin are some benefits that it claims to provide of which I wholeheartedly agree. 

The consistency is creamy yet has a gel finish which feels very hydrating. It spreads evenly; applied either by fingertips or sponge/brush and does not streak. It is more like a tinted moisturizer, gives light coverage and does a good job at it. Redness is minimized, minor blemishes get covered and overall gives a fresh, brightened up look. I have sensitive & mild acne-prone skin and though it does nothing for my active acne, it sure doesn't aggravate it more which is a super plus for me. I have had no breakouts problems ever since I am using this.
I must imply that this provides light coverage and for those who are looking for heavier coverage (correcting deep dark circles, spots and patches) may not find this cream to be their perfect choice; a concealer or foundation will be necessary. 

Lasting power is around 3 hours after which my skin tends to become oily around the T-zone (I have combination skin) which can be easily settled with a finish of translucent powder. 

***
Price: KWD 3.300 
Recommendation: Yes, absolutely. Your best choice for a tinted moisturizing cream!
Rating: 4.5/5

2 comments:

  1. I am surely gonna try this sooon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would like it. You can try Bourjois CC Cream as well, that's pretty good too for office wear :)

      Delete

I'd love to know your thoughts!