Saturday, April 12, 2014

BEAUTY | Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids Lipstick - Shocking Coral

You've no idea how desperate I am to rock neon bright lips every single day of my life, but unfortunately that's only the hidden part of me. I don't have enough guts to do that in real. But there comes a day now and then when I pluck up the courage and go neon full blast. That's one of my happy days! And that happy day is today. I have a very pretty neon coral lippie to review. 

Shocking Coral by Maybelline's Color Sensational Vivids range is by far the best coral I have come across in a popping, bright shade. It is a true coral with the color leaning towards pink. The color is deeply pigmented and is opaque in one swipe. It contains no shimmer or glitter and gives off an glossy aqua-shine effect. The texture is smooth and has the same toffee-vanilla scent as with all Color Sensational range lippies.


It isn't easy to carry this shade if you haven't played with neons before. I certainly hadn't when I first bought it and the lippie stayed untouched for weeks until I finally decided to use it. That was the day I pulled off my first bright lip and now I'm much more comfortable carrying out vibrant shades in pinks, corals and reds.  


The lasting power for this is a good 6 hours and it leaves behind a strong pink tint. I scrub off the lipstick while going to bed and even then there's always a trace of it well into the next day. Yes, this one's that clingy on me. As with all Vivids lipsticks and the entire Color Sensational range, these come metallic and plastic packaging with color-toned caps; this one's in neon bright pink as pictured above.

Maybelline's Vivids range in the Middle East is priced at KWD 4.000 and is available in 5 more variants. This one is perfect for Spring/Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know your thoughts!