BEAUTY | The Body Shop Bronzing Powder - Warm Glow



A few weeks ago when TBS held its 25% off on all products promotion, I picked up this shimmer bronzer with the hope that it gives me a healthy highlighted effect. It is a bronzing powder, yes, but it is such a light shade that it looks more like a highlighter to me. The shade I have is 02 - Warm Glow. It can best be described as a light brown color with champagne and pink veining. I tried to pick up its full effect but even then the picture doesn't do it full justice. Also, I forgot to capture it while it was still unused but me being me, I had to use it as soon as I got. Duh. Once swatched, it appears to be a subtle peachy shade.

To add a little woe, it is much more shimmery than I'd like it to be. With that being said, this has to be used with a very light hand. I really, truly mean that. The first time I used it, my face was a shining clown. Since the color itself is on the lighter side, it was difficult for me to grasp that I might be packing on much too much shimmer on my face. The result was an extra-shiny face on camera that had me embarassed, LOL.

The formula is pretty pigmented and soft with minor fallout. It has decent lasting power and very little is needed for a flush of warmth on your cheeks. This is apt for summer when you don't want to pack on a brighter cheek color but are only looking for a subtle warm glow. 


For fair skin, this will show up more prominently. Since I have light to medium skin tone, it gives me an overall healthy glow and blends well with my tone. Did this satisfy my highlighter hope? Not perfectly, I'm still on the lookout for a better version with lesser shimmer, but this is a very good alternative for those au naturale looks. 

I've only just started exploring TBS cosmetics & makeup range. I've been a great fan of their skin care and body care ranges for years and I'm mightily impressed with a fair few makeup products that I've picked up for trial.

Warm Glow bronzing powder retails at KWD 6.250 and can be found at all TBS stores.

Labels: , , , , ,