SKINCARE | The Body Shop Vitamin E Sink-In Moisture Mask


Today is yet another day when I am reviewing a TBS gem that I discovered a few months back. The name TBS Vitamin E Sink-in Moisture Mask is quite a mouthful and so is its deliverance. This is a "sink-in" mask as the name suggests and is to be applied so that it sinks into the skin to hydrate it from deep within. Call it what you may but this is some seriously yummy food for skin that's dehydrated and needs extra care. The mask comes in a standard twist-lid tub and has a pretty light pink color. To me, it smells of my Grandma. And also like the original moisturizer by Nivea. The scent is nothing new and I feel like I have smelt it a hundred times before. The texture, however is a cross between a cream and jelly, and applies like a dream.

Apply a generous layer over your face & neck, and then relax back to watch some TV while the mask does its work. It gives a cool sensation for a few minutes and you can actually feel the skin drinking up the cream. During the few initial uses that I had this on, I used to think the longer I kept it, the softer and more moisturized my skin will be. But somehow I used to feel a little warm (warning signal?) all over my skin after a while. It never reacted badly with my skin though. The mask doesn't dry but stays as it is like a cream, and so I wash off after a while although it is your choice - you can blend it into the skin or just wipe it with tissue after you are done.

I have come across some negative reviews about the mask, some saying that it made their skin red and inflamed. That's surprising because it has never broken me out nor made my skin red/itchy whatsoever. In fact, I am mightily pleased with the way it makes my skin amazingly soft and supple. It looks healthy and intensely hydrated. Whenever I use this mask, I don't feel the need for moisturizer for an entire day, my skin is that good on its own. I would highly recommend this to those who complain of dry skin or those with parched, dehydrated skin that needs a good dose of intense moisture.

Vitamin E Sink-in Mask retails at KWD 3.000 at all TBS Stores. 
Price in India: INR 1195

Labels: , , , , ,