BEAUTY | YSL Rouge Volupte Shine - 14 Corail in Touch



How could I deny myself the absolute luxury? There had to come a time when I would give in and lay my eager hands on a YSL lippie and so it did. It was initially a perfume spree that I was on but my over-excited eyes popped looking at the testers on the YSL counter in Debenhams. I just had to swatch some. And when you start on the swatching, you end up buying at least one product for sure! The shade I couldn't resist was #14 Corail in Touch. Springtime and no coral? Hah, impossible. It was the perfect moment and the perfect shade. 

Corail in Touch is from the Rouge Volupte Shine range which lends an aqua effect - meaning it looks glossy and has a wet look when applied. It is a lovely orangey coral in the tube but is quite sheer when applied; a peachy-coral with barely there hints of pink and absolutely no shimmer/glitter. It builds up to medium opacity and has great texture. Its silk, I tell you, its SILK. You can hardly feel you have put something on. Besides being ultra-moisturizing, it applies sheer and those who are afraid to pack on a high intensity color can heave a sigh of relief. This gives the perfect amount of gloss and color to the lips without being overdone. It smells peachy, like seriously a plump juicy peach!

I may have tried many lip colors over the years but I officially announce this shade to be my best ever. Not because its YSL, no. It is the color that I am digging. It is my shade, the color that I am most comfortable to wear any day. And I dunno how long I'll take to finish this tube, but this shade is one that I am going to restock all my life. I do hope YSL never decides to discontinue it, never ever. 

About its longevity, I'd say its better not to expect a lot from it since its only giving you light coverage. I'll give it up to 3 hours of wear as I have tried it on many different days. No application has lasted me over 3 hours. I have had to reapply but I can hardly complain. Who wouldn't want to show off a YSL lippie with such stunning packaging again and again? The glossy effect wears off after a while though but it leaves behind a pretty stain. No doubt one of my best purchases ever.

Rouge Volupte Shine retails at KWD 14.500 in YSL counters in Debenhams and Harvey Nichols. 
Price in India: INR 1900 (although availability is sometimes an issue).

Labels: , , , , ,