LIFESTYLE | Shopping at Chumbak

Currently I'm into all things Indian. Be it beauty brands or any other lifestyle brand, as long as its purely to-the-core desi, I want to explore it. Chumbak has been on my lust list for a while now but I never really got to try it until recently. I was in dire need of a wallet, my much-loved Iconic wallet had seen better days and I wanted something similar which will give me months of tedious use without falling apart too soon (as is the case when you buy one for INR 150 from the roadside hawkers at Crawford Market, say). 

With that being said, I wasn't going for a Chumbak wallet initially. Mainly I was just doing my everyday bit of online screen-shopping when my eyes read "Tech wallet" on the Chumbak website. I had no idea what a tech wallet was so me being my usual curious self, hit open the link to see what it was. And I immediately wanted it. It had a money compartment, zip-up coin purse, enough card slots and also an outside compartment for mobile. It seemed compact and to the point, and it was Indian! Sooo why not? Moral of the post - I got a reason to do more shopping, yay! 





Now frankly, I have always liked (and admired) the funky, waaacky prints that Chumbak uses on all of their products. I am not an animal-print person so I was debating between the 'lock and key' print and 'pencil ikat' print. Pencil Ikat won because it was extremely bright with lime green pencil-eraser details and neon yellow zip and detachable wrist strap. The inside too is a shocking pink color.

Also while I was picking out my fancy wallet, I couldn't help but admire their cute, aw so cute charms which can be easily attached to a necklace, charm bracelet, clutches, key-chains and what not. I picked a gorgeous mini-est camera charm which had a sparkling crystal on it. And before I could go on a full on shopping spree, I placed my order eagerly. Delivery took an exact 5 days, I got appropriate SMSs and emails giving me updates about my order. So that's a two thumbs-up for their online site and service!

Coming to the wallet itself, it is made of printed fabric, looks gorgeous and is sturdy. I am already using it and it seems I'll probably get along with it for a decent while. My one disappointment is, I couldn't fit my Samsung S5 in the mobile pouch, sob! If I push it in too hard, it fits but it's a very snug one. Sucks when you get a call and you are struggling to remove your phone out. And I was really looking forward to keeping my entire everyday essentials in one place but no hope for my mobile here. The wallet itself is a bit pricey (INR 895) but if you are looking to invest for long-term use, it is a good deal.




Finally to my camera charm (INR 295), just how cute is it? Haven't I said 'cute' way too many times already? But I can't help it. It is exactly how I imagined it and I keep changing its location from my wrist to my wallet and also hang it to my key ring. 

Overall, I am much impressed with the brand already, and am looking forward to exploring more handy items! 

Labels: , , , , ,