JUST HERBS | 8 in 1 Amla Nourishing Shampoo




Just Herbs is a brand that's really growing on me. I like the fact that most of their products are 100% natural and herbal. You can purchase their products online and they also ship internationally for a fixed fee. Knowing that I would get maximum benefits, I got a couple of their shampoos on a whim.

All JH shampoos are SLS-free, paraben-free and cruelty free. That info itself was music to my ears! With the 8 in 1 Nourishing Amla shampoo, you get the benefit of amla (Indian Gooseberry), wheatgerm oil, vetiver, hibiscus, henna and fenugreek. These are all very, VERY good ingredients to have in a hair cleanser. I cannot stress enough how beneficial amla and hibiscus are for the hair roots. So much so that I use a herbal hair mask containing powdered amla every two weeks!

The shampoo comes in a long cylindrical plastic container and I really like the simple packaging. Although I would have LOVED it if it were a glass bottle, but glass isn't a very good thing to have in slippery, wet bathrooms so plastic is ideal. The clear green liquid has a gel-ish consistency with a pleasing but strong fragrance. And surprisingly for an SLS-free shampoo, this lathers up really well. It gives a thick foamy texture and thoroughly cleanses my hair. Although it claims to be moisturizing, I find that it isn't really so in my case and I require an extra dollop of conditioner to smooth and soften my hair. I didn't see any sudden hair fall that you tend to get when trying out a new product either.

Overall, I've realised that switching to more herbal products that contain less chemicals and absolutely NO SLS or parabens isn't that hard, if you only know where to look. I know there are many brands that are skipping SLS now, which is a great thing so find your holy grail product and give your hair some serious TLC. A big thumbs-up for this JH shampoo, I see this one is going to be on my bathroom shelf for a long time now.

Price:
INR 425 (200ml) / $13 on JustHerbs website.

Labels: , , , ,