Avene | Cleanance Gel

Avene Cleanance Gel
I'm mightily impressed with my fave Avene Thermal Spring Water for refreshing and hydrating my skin, so I like browsing through the Avene shelves knowing that it is the main ingredient in all of their other products. The Avene India team recommended me to try their Cleanance Gel when I asked them for suggestions and I immediately picked this up as I have acne-prone/sensitive skin. 

Cleanance Gel is a soap-free cleanser and has Glyceryl Laurate to combat acne. A mint colored gel, it lathers very well and has a clean scent, nothing too overpowering. The packaging is simple with a hole in the twist cap that dispenses the gel. A pea sized amount is all you need, thus a single bottle lasts for ages. Like seriously, AGES. 

Avene Cleanance Gel

Avene Cleanance Gel 
Coming back to the product itself, although it says its suitable for oily/blemish prone skin, my skin feels a little tight once I rinse off. When I first started using Cleanance gel, I was suffering from an intense acne breakout with red rashes all over my face. A huge plus is that using this cleanser never broke me out which was a relief as you tend to doubt every product initially. It also dries the active acne/pimples to a point where the redness does not itch or burn. 

I don't know if this alone helped to reduce my acne as I used a lot of acne products/remedies simultaneously but it certainly fared well with my entire acne-skin CTM routine at that time. I must admit it does a great job of everyday cleansing. It is very mild and gentle so you're definitely not stressing out your already hyper skin, I have to give it that. 

Priced at KWD 9.300 / INR 1100, this one is a keeper!

Labels: , , , , , ,