Tuesday, June 23, 2015

LIEBSTER Award Nomination

Always wondered what all these beauty blogger awards were and now I am nominated for one! This is my first nomination for the "Liebster" Award which generally is a "chain network" that helps you discover new/upcoming blogs. It is a sweet way to share beauty-love, and connect with fellow bloggers who have the same passion as you. In turn, you get some exporsure 'out there' as well which is a good way to gain traffic back to your blog. 

Thanks to Arti who blogs over at Diva Beauty Fashion for nominating me, love you for it! 

So let's get to answering some questions she's asked me!

1. How did you choose the name of your blog and why ?

I am obsessed with my name (Fayha), its meaning and the unique-ness of it. Also the word 'delicious/yummy' is my go-to for describing almost anything in my life - be it yummy food, a gorgeous lipstick, exotic locations and so on. I think they are all 'Yummy'. So being the beauty and makeup addict that I am, clearly "Fayha-licious" was meant to be the name! Just a simple way to convey the idea that Fayha LOVES so n so product or food or place or anything that tickles her fancy!.

2. If you would have to give one tip to the new bloggers, what would it be?


Try to be consistent with your schedule. Even if you plan on posting just once a week, make sure you actually do! This applies to me first as I slack off a lot. And its not a good approach if blogging is something you plan on really investing your time and money in. As in, if you want to make a business/brand out of it, you might want to be very productive from the very beginning! 

3. Which Eyeliner do you prefer- liquid, gel, cake or pencil and which brand and which eyeliner style ?


My absolute favorite is a gel eyeliner, I love love love the intensity of those, they are just so dark! After that it would be a kohl liner in terms of intense pigmentation. I love doing a feline flick or a thick line as I have hooded eyes and only a thick outward line is 'visible' when my eyes are open. My favorite product would be Maybelline Eyestudio Gel eye liner and Lakme Eyeconic Kajal pencil.

4. If in future, you decide to move, will you sell your blog? If yes, then for how much ?


I wouldn't sell my blog for anything. I'd keep it forever, even if I don't blog in future, its staying the way it is.

5. Which is your favorite clothing store ?


For budget buys, MAX Fashions is like my favorite-est. I also LOVE Forever 21, they have some great basics that I like to stock up on. If I want to go a bit high-end, I'd choose Vero Moda, H&M and AX Paris. If I had to go extremely high-end, its going to be Burberry - but that's happening only in my dreams, LOL!

6. Your brands of makeup brushes are ?


My favorite Real Techniques. Also, I'm loving MAC at the moment as I've just invested in some and I'm really, really liking them.

7. How often do you clean your makeup brushes and with what ?


I'd say I get about 4-5 uses out of my brushes before rinsing them thoroughly with a mild shampoo but I do spot-clean them every single time with a makeup remover wipe before I use them.

8. Which do you prefer- Tinted moisturiser, BB cream or Foundation and which brand?


I like BB/CC creams a lot because I'm more of a light coverage girl. I like Bourjois CC Cream, its one of my favorites. 

9. One make up essential that you can't live without ?


That would probably be mascara. It makes a huge difference in my eyes. They appear bigger, and the whole overall look is fresh and balanced.

10. What tool you use for your blogging photography- mobile or DSLR and which brand ?


I use my phone (Samsung S5) to do most of my photography, but I also use my Canon Ixus sometimes. 

11. What are goals of your blog and how has your life changed being a beauty blogger ?


Life hasn't really changed for me, although I do feel very proud of my little space on the web. I like blogging and more importantly, I love expressing my views, good or bad, on anything I have been using or visiting. Maybe someone, somewhere might benefit from it... someday. Yeah? 


That's about it! 

Just nominating a few blogs I follow so here goes:

https://beautisteel.wordpress.com/

http://adelesbeautyblog.blogspot.fr/

http://the-beauty-lane.blogspot.co.uk/

http://littlemisslifestyle271.blogspot.com/

Here is a list of questions I'd love to know about y'all!

1. What was the main motivation to start your own blog?

2. What backgrounds do you use to get your photos right for the blog? Do you go all in and do macro shots or dress up a gorgeous flatlay?
3. Have you attended PR/blogger events? If so, how does it feel to connect with fellow bloggers and brands?
4. What is your favorite beauty product? Let's make it the 'top three' favorites. 
5. Have you approached a brand/company you would like to collaborate with for your blog? Share some tips for fellow newbies that strike a chord between you and the agency.
6. Who is your favorite beauty blogger idol and why?
7. Lastly, how do you feel about joining the blogging community and what are your goals with respect to your blog, its productivity for the future. 

Hope to see some interesting answers! 

Rules:

1. Please thank the person who nominated you, and link back to their blog in your blog post.
2. Display the award on your blog - by including it in your post or using it as a widget.
3. Answer the questions about yourself which will be provided by the person who nominated you.
4. Nominate blogs that you think deserve the award (with less that 1000 followers).
5. Create a new list of questions for the nominated bloggers to answer.
6. List these rules in your post (feel free to copy & paste).
7. Once published, inform people/blogs that you have nominated them for the Liebster Award and provide a link to your post, so that they can learn more about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know your thoughts!