Maybelline | Color Show Lipsticks

Maybelline Color Show Lipstick - Burgundy Blend & Cream Caramel

Maybelline Color Show Lipstick - Burgundy Blend & Cream Caramel
I didn't think the Color Show lipsticks launched in India were anything different so I steered clear of them. Almost. Two lipsticks later, I have to change my mind. Not that they have anything new to boast about, the original Color Sensationals & Vivids are still my favorite, but these lippies are one of the best budget buys that deliver what they promise.

To start with the colors, I bought me some deep red by the name of Burgundy Blend. According to me, this shade should be aptly called "Burnt Red" maybe. It is dark that it almost passes off as wine but still has a lot of red in it. And the best part, NO shimmer. I love that it is sort of a vampy-ish red and I have always tried crimson, brighter reds so this is a first for me. The texture is creamy, I'm almost convinced it will melt if let out in the sun for too long. This color is a good choice for the transition from Fall to Winter. But I guess it will look equally good in summer if worn correctly. 


The next shade I picked up is Cream Caramel which is a slightly burnt out orange. It is not the bold orange that glares 'in your face' but a much subtler version. Although it is a wearable shade, I'd still keep my eye makeup low-key. There is no "caramel" in the shade, however a slight shimmer is barely visible in this one. Great for office wear, IMO.

Both lip colors excel in being creamy and extremely comfortable to wear. They have intense pigmentation and are true to the bullet. They do transfer, however and their lasting power is an average 2 hours max. Other than that, they are a budget freak's dream come true. At INR 299 apiece, you can easily find your favorites from among its 21 different shades.

Labels: , , ,