Summer Lip Favorites


Summer is hereee. Let's rock 'em colorful lips! Below are my top 5 picks for lips that I am currently loving this summer. I have skipped normal lipsticks and rather opted for the liquid ones as they're super hydrating and light.

First up we have my all time favorite - the Rimmel Apocalips range, of which Nova is pictured here. These liquid lipsticks are moisturizing with great pigmentation. No waxy/ dry feeling at all so these make for a very chic glossy lip that's packed with intense color. Read full review here

Next is my current favorite, the newly launched Aqua Laque range from Bourjois. I have sung praises for these in my review here as these are great for packing on a punch of color whilst still being ultra hydrating. The 'aqua' effect gives the look of lush lips which I love.

This Lord & Berry addition might not be an everyday staple but I do like its slightly orangey-golden shimmery tone when I want to give some extra dimension to the lips. This fares very well when layered on top of any lipstick color. It may look like a glitterball in the tube but is actually quite subtle when applied. The best part of all: it is not sticky at all like most glosses are. The shade featured here is in Apricot from their Ultimate gloss range.



Up next, we have everyone's favorite Benetint that deserves to be featured all year long. Although I am more biased towards Cha Cha Tint, I do love how Benetint gives that gorgeous rosy tint to the lips that looks extremely natural. And of course, it is great for rouging the cheeks as well for a healthy glow. 

Last and definitely not the least, a lip-balm is a must-have in any makeup bag and here's one that also gives a hint of color whilst being moisturizing - the Baby Lips balm by Maybelline. These stay put for at least an hour or two and repair chapped lips making them soft and supple. Berry Bomb from the Electro range is pictured above. 

What are your must-haves in terms of lip products? Are any of these in your makeup bag as well?

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,