Bioderma | Matricium

Bioderma - Matricium
Bioderma - Matricium
When I first heard about Matricium, the concept itself was intriguing to me. It wasn't a cream or lotion that would make you fair with regular use or erase your pigmentation, oiliness or whatever - but it was a medical procedure that would complement whatever routine you are currently following. And it was only a course of 1 month, so although I am not the most determined of people when it comes to sticking to a routine, I really wanted to see the difference this made to my skin since I suffered an extremely bad breakout back in December due to which it hadn't completely healed.

Matricium comes in daily use plastic containers from which you should use twice a day - morning and night. It is basically just like water. There is no texture to it - no oiliness, no sticky feeling whatsoever. Just watery. It is like applying plain water to your skin and letting it sit there until it sinks into the skin by itself. There should be about 10 drops in total in each container, 5 each for morning and evening use. It has no fragrance, parabens and contains around 60 natural elements that support healthy skin turnover. What this whole thing promises to do is regenerate the cells from within so it helps in healthier cell renewal process. This is recommended for those that have suffered first degree burns, or any surgical treatment or condition that has made their skin fragile. 
Bioderma - Matricium
Bioderma - Matricium
Coming to my experience, the first two weeks that I used this showed visible improvement in skin texture and clarity. My skin was much smoother than it has been in years. There was no dramatic lightening or brightening effect - just the feeling that my skin is healthy from within. It felt happy. LITERALLY. AND that's it. There was no further improvement in my skin. Whatever magic had to happen was already done within the first couple of weeks. I didn't see any more changes in the way my skin felt for the rest of July. 

This whole thing definitely did not break me out, which is why I was even able to use it for a whole month. I obviously didn't expect it to work like a magic cream, but what I believe it did was to make sure my skin was healthy from the inside. No breakouts, no dullness and I usually suffer from dehydrated skin, so that's also reduced to a great extent.

When I started this at the onset of July, I hadn't made any other change in my normal skincare routine, so I really believe that Matricium helped enhance my skin renewal structure to a certain extent. Is it a miracle product, I dunno. And I cannot even comment on how well it would work on skin that's burned or had any medical surgeries. But it did help me a little.

Labels: , ,