MAC | Lipstick - Rebel

MAC Lipstick - REBEL
MAC Lipstick - REBEL
It is the beginning of Fall, and the first thing that changes in my makeup is the lipsticks. Oranges, corals and bright pinks take a back seat while deep reds, burgundy and plums take up the center stage. Trying a berry lip had been on my lust list for a while and I made the plunge this year with MAC's Rebel. Of course

Rebel is by far the most hyped MAC lipstick ever. When you browse their website and sort out the lipsticks by popularity, Rebel is the first in line. And rightly so. While it isn't a unique color and can be duped closely most of the time, it is by far the best neutral plummy-berry-pink lipstick I have ever come across. Whatever your skin tone might be, you can just as easily rock Rebel even though it is termed as cool toned. 

A beautiful plum with strong hints of pink, Rebel is like a wake-up call for when you are running late and don't have enough time for some heavy makeup routine. One slick swipe and your entire look is transformed from "I just woke up" to Bombshell-ready. The reason why I love this so much is because it looks SO good even when you might be feeling a bit down. And no, I am not exaggerating. This instantly freshens your entire complexion making you look bright and perky.
MAC Lipstick - REBEL
Not in my favorite finish though, Rebel is from MAC's Satin finish range which is neither drying nor moisturizing. It has a little satiny sheen to it and isn't as drying as a total matte lipstick would be but I still dislike that it tugs at my lips a tiny bit when I apply it. On the other hand, Cremesheen and Amplified Creme ranges are smooth as butter. And speaking of longevity, this stays true to its deep shade 5 hours straight. It also leaves a gorgeous berry stain even after fading so you still have some color to your lips despite heavy drinking/eating. 

I love Rebel for its color, staying power and the infamous vanilla scent that all MAC lippies have but no-like the slightly drying texture. It all comes down to personal preference, really. Which is your favorite range in MAC? 

MAC Rebel retails for KWD 8.750. Available in MAC Store, The Avenues. 
MAC Rebel retails for INR 1010. Available in MAC Store, High Street Phoenix.

Labels: , , , , ,