Bourjois | Air MAT foundation - 02 Vanilla

Air MAT foundation - Vanilla
Air MAT foundation - Vanilla
Having never tried a matte-finish foundation before, I knew sooner or later I'd be getting my hands on one. So when Bourjois released its Air MAT foundation claiming air-light, seamless coverage with a flawless matte finish, it wasn't long before I grabbed one too. 

The shade that closely matched my skin tone was 02 Vanilla, which is a balanced neutral shade and will suit all undertones. The shade is a touch lighter for my skin, nothing blatantly visible and I make it work perfectly for me with a clever play of bronzer all over the high points of my face. 

The texture is light and easy to blend but it does tend to dry out fast. You really have to work the foundation quickly into the skin to avoid having a patchy finish. The result is obviously a beautiful matte canvas but there is a big flaw in all this matte goodness. If you haven't scrubbed your skin clean, better do so because this can cling to all those tiny weeny rough and dry spots and make your face look bad. Really bad. The finish is matte so it looks rough in those places. You will also need extra concealing for any dark spots and under the eye as well. 

Besides that, this foundation is amaaazing. It gives a gorgeous finish that looks light as air (aptly named, I tell ya!) whilst giving medium coverage. I didn't try layering it to see if it allows room for more coverage so I cannot comment on that yet. Priced at KWD 6.000, Bourjois have nailed it yet again with this new launch! 

Labels: , , , , ,