GOSH | Lumi Drops - Rose Gold

GOSH Lumi Drops - 012 Rose Gold

The temperature is slowly dropping and its time to make space for the Fall Winter releases of the beauty world. All brands have dropped sneak-peeks on their upcoming collections and some have even arrived in stores. One such brand that has slowly but positively piqued my interest is GOSH cosmetics. Their A/W release dropped in sometime ago and I've really enjoyed using all their latest launches, which I shall review one by one on the blog. For today I have a review on their most recent addition to their Lumi Drops range - the perfect Rose Gold shade. 

If there is one makeup trend that I never imagined falling for, it would be strobing. Or highlighting, whatever you wanna call it. Dewy, fresh skin that is radiating from within and every which way you turn, your face is a glow ball. I like to keep my makeup very fresh and minimal so it looks like me - but an enhanced version. 


GOSH Lumi Drops - 012 Rose Gold
PRODUCT: Say hello to GOSH's Lumi Drops in Rose Gold. A sheer rosy pink liquid highlighter with tons of very fine shimmery gold reflects. It has a gel like consistency (not tacky!), and the squeezy tube is very handy to dispense the right amount of product each time. Very little is needed for a healthy looking highlighted look, which means that this 15ml tube is going to last a very long time. It can easily be layered as it blends beautifully on the skin.  

USEI like to use it on top of my cheekbones and it gives the most perfect glow for my light-medium skin tone. If I do a second layer, it looks like I have a sweet flush on cheeks too so I can get away without applying an obvious amount of blush. Viola! A very natural and very real look perfect for someone who wears very minimal makeup. This can also be used mixed with your favorite foundation, BB/CC creams, body care products to lend an overall dewy finish for the face and body. One time I even used this as an eyeshadow base on a rose-gold look I was trying to achieve and it gave an extra boost of shimmer. The eyeshadows adhered better too. However, it is very important to let it dry a little before you start layering shadows or it will turn out patchy. I messed up one eye and had to redo. Just a heads up. 


GOSH Lumi Drops - 012 Rose Gold

GOSH Lumi Drops - 012 Rose Gold (swatch)
CON: The only 'con' that I can think of to rule out a ten on ten would be that this tends to fade with passing hours. I have noticed it fades at the 3-hr mark and is not waterproof either, thus not as long-lasting as I'd like it to be. So there's that.

FINAL THOUGHTS: If I've convinced you that this is your ultimate glow-getter and multi-tasking hero, understand that this is a very sheer finish highlighter (the swatch above is very concentrated) and if you are someone who loves that 'blinding highlighter' trend that is all the rage right now, this is NOT going to give you that. If you layer on the product, you will get upto medium intensity, but it will not match the super shiny greatness of the ABH Glow Kits or Iconic London/CoverFX luminizer drops. These are intended for a lit-from-within type of look, something I personally love.

This is the first time I've tried any of GOSH's Lumi Drops, and they've launched a pure 'Gold' shade alongside this too. I've seen swatches and it looks a proper 24K gold if you're into that, but I'm biased and will say Rose Gold is prettier and more versatile. I think they have 6-7 shimmery shades in total and a few colored blushes too. Have you tried any of their Lumi Drops? I'd love to know your favorites!


Product Rating: 8.5 /10
Super Points: Paraben Free, Cruelty Free, Fragrance Free
Price: KWD 6.5
Available: Lifestyle - Centrepoint

Labels: , , , , ,