EauDeMoiselle De Givenchy

I have recently been on a great perfume splurging spree and have officially put myself on Fragrances Ban for the next few months or so. I have thrice the number of bottles than what I would normally use and its NOT cool, I know. 
Givenchy's EauDeMoiselle has been my favorite go-to perfume (after TBS White Musk Sun Glow) ever since I got this and there's enough reason why!

This fragrance is more like a dream to me; a dream of vintage ballrooms and beautiful gowns. To me, this is a very formal perfume and has an old world charm to it. And for a person who is always day-dreaming about being born into the Elizabethan Age wearing luxurious clothes and waltzing with gentlemen in tastefully decorated ballrooms, I'd bet I'll be wearing this perfume then. It is not an old lady's perfume, it is definitely for the young, spirited women but of some different era.

It all starts with the first whiff of rose. I smell a lot of rose in it with a tinge of lemon immediately upon spraying. I have no idea what's with me and lemon nowadays but I love the combined mixture of rose, lemon and my favorite musk. Yes, it is musky! One of the best things I like about it is that none of the different scents are trying to overpower each other. They all blend in seamlessly with each other and present a very simple, feminine and well-balanced fragrance.
The lasting power is 5 hours after which it dries down to a faint rosey scent which can be smelt a good 10 hours later too. It might look like its a fragrance made for spring/summer, but somehow I feel it will do well in winters/fall more as there is an edgy side to it that's elusive and mysterious.

Since I'm no good about actual notes and am only rambling about how I personally feel about the perfume, here are the proper details: 
Top Notes: Amalfi Lemon, Tangerine, Basil
Heart Notes: Ylang-ylang, Tincture of Rose
Base Notes: Musk, Tonka Bean, Ambrette

The bottle is very simple yet vintage looking with a tiny golden stopper. If I could put a name to its look, I'd probably call it elegant arrogance. It is an absolute luxury to have; a modern classic!
***
Price: KWD 34. 75 (VaVaVoom stores)
Recommendation: If you're into florals and roses, this will not disappoint you. Its one of the finest true "rose" scents I have had in a long time.
Rating: 4.8/5

Labels: , ,