Real Techniques | Sculpting Brush

Real Techniques Sculpting brush



It is no secret that Real Techniques happens to be my favorite makeup brush brand. It was from this brand that I bought my first one, the Angled Foundation brush and since then we've become close pals with me reaching inadvertently towards the RT counter as soon as I enter Boots or Lifestyle. 

Recently I acquired this stunning beauty, and I just cannot stop raving about it. And I might as well declare that this happens to be my most favorite brush of my growing collection after the Buffing brush. Presenting to you, the Sculpting brush by Real Techniques (KWD 6, Lifestyle).

It was launched sometime a year ago, but I only got it during the 2015 winter holidays along with their Miracle Complexion Sponge. It is an angled brush with dense bristles that make cream or powder products blend beautifully. I have found its sole purpose in applying my foundation, as due to its angled cut it fits every curve of my face perfectly, something I believe the Buffing brush took a tad bit longer to do. However, it also works nicely as a cheek brush to apply blush and bronzer, although be sure to use a very light hand and slowly build up the intensity. I ended up with clown cheeks the first time I used a blush with it, as it picked up way more product from the pan than I intended to apply.

Although it is named as a "sculpting" brush, I find it a bit too large for actual sculpting. Instead, I have to use a small, fine brush to draw out the contour all over my face from my contouring palette and then use this brush to blend it seamlessly for a flawless, contoured face. If I could rename it, I'd definitely go for "Expert Blending Brush" perhaps, LOL.
I think I have heard one of the Pixiwoo sisters mentioning on their YouTube channel that it is almost exactly like their Expert Face brush, except that this is angled while the other isn't. I cannot confirm that as I do not own an EFB (yet). However, I can vouch for it being one of the best brush investments you'll make if you're looking for a great multi-tasker for foundation, powder, bronzer and blush. You can easily get away with just this brush for your entire face if you're not that much into makeup and want an essential pick, or are only just starting out with makeup.

What are your Real Techniques favorites? Is the Sculpting brush among them? If so, what else do you use it for? I'd love to know what you think of it in the comments section below or come say Hi to me on Instagram at @Fayhalicious

Labels: , , , ,